THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO VISITING LONDON 2023
Places to visit in London | Best time to visit London | London Visiting Tips
Everything You Need To Know Before Visiting London
You’ve already booked your airplane ticket for London, but you need to plan your trip. We’ll help you make the most of your visit to the British capital. Look at our complete guide on everything you need to know before visiting London. We’ve also done all the work and put together a list of the best London attraction tickets, tours, and day trips from London.
With around 30 million tourists visiting London each year, it’s easy to say that London is one of the world’s most popular travel destinations. There are numerous attractions, landmarks, and monuments you have to visit once you arrive in London. London has so many exciting activities for its visitors.
The Best Time to Visit London
The best time of year to visit London is from March to May. The weather is nice, and the temperatures are mild during this time of year. And there aren’t many tourists so you’ll truly be able to enjoy your London visit without too many crowds.
But if you plan on visiting London in late spring or during the summer months because you want to avoid the cloudy and rainy weather, be prepared that that is the high of the tourist season in London, and flight tickets and accommodation may be more expensive because of the high demand.
Continue reading our insightful guide to visiting London!
Find out about everything there is to do and visit in London. Read our guide and be fully prepared to travel to London!
Why you should visit London
London is a truly cosmopolitan city, and it’s brimming with exciting places to visit, rich history, and entertaining activities to do. From iconic landmarks like Big Ben or Buckingham Palace to manifestations like the Notting Hill Carnival or the Chelsea Flower Show and unique Harry Potter tours. There are numerous reasons why you should visit London.
With so much diversity to offer, you’ll want to come back and visit London more than once. But suppose you’re visiting London for the first time. In that case, there are some iconic sites that you need to visit, like the London Eye, Leicester Square, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Tower Bridge, and the Tower of London. These are only some popular places to visit in the British capital.
Don’t get overwhelmed by so many things to do in London. With all the information we’ve gathered, you can decide what to visit and plan the best trip to London and have the time of your life.
Get prepared for your trip to London – Best visiting tips for London
Planning your visit to London for the first time can be really overwhelming. That’s why we’ve prepared some useful tips you should know before traveling to the UK’s capital.
- When it comes to accommodation, we highly recommend you book your accommodation in the central part of the city. That way, you will save money on transportation, and you’ll also save a lot of time because you’ll be able to visit more London attractions in a shorter time.
- Book your tickets and tours in advance! This is probably the best advice we can give you. Booking your attraction tickets and guided tours in advance will ensure that you actually manage to visit everything you want to visit in London. Plus, you can catch some amazing deals and save not only time but also money.
- London is a big urban city, so don’t try to see everything during your first visit. Don’t clutter your schedule trying to see absolutely everything in just a few days. Rather choose a few attractions and activities you want to experience in London and have a relaxed and stress-free visit.
Best places to visit in London
London is full of interesting places and things that you must experience once you visit it. Choosing what you can see during your stay in the capital of the United Kingdom can seem like a huge challenge to you. But don’t stress about it, we’ve made a short and insightful guide with all the attractions in London.
From free activities and attractions like the Natural History Museum, National Gallery, the British Museum, and picnic in Hyde Park to iconic landmarks and sites like the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace. Read our helpful tips and plan out your perfect visit to London.
Things to do in London
Have a look at our carefully selected London tours and attraction tickets! We did the hard work and found the best value deals available online for you!
Get the London Pass, save time and money, and enjoy London to the fullest! This ticket will provide you with exclusive access to over 85 London attractions, including the famous Tower of London and Westminster Abbey. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy a 1-day Hop-On, Hop-Off bus tour, and a relaxing River Thames cruise.
London Eye Ticket
Step into the London Eye, one of the world’s tallest observation wheels, and enjoy a spectacular 360-degree view of London. Marvel at the iconic city landmarks while soaring 135 meters above them from the air-conditioned cabin. Enjoy this memorable experience in London to the fullest by skipping the long lines at the entrance with this fast-track ticket!
Thames River Cruise
Cruise across the River Thames from Westminster to Greenwich and discover some of the city’s most beautiful sights. See the Houses of Parliament, St Paul's Cathedral, and Tower Bridge from the comfort of a newly refurbished boat. Take advantage of an audio guide to learn some fascinating stories about the city.
Hop On Hop Off Bus
Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
See all of London's famous landmarks and sites by booking a hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour. Listen to the audio commentary, available in 5 languages, and choose between the 24-hour or 48-hour Hop-on Hop-off ticket. Both ticket options include a relaxing Thames River cruise.
London DOs & DON’Ts
- DON’T take the tube everywhere you go! London has many Underground stations, and a lot of them are very close to each other, especially in the central London area. Check your map before taking the tube to your next destination, oftentimes, walking is quicker, and you will avoid the Underground lines and crowds.
- DO bring weather-appropriate clothes. As you probably already know, the UK weather can be really unpredictable, so make sure to pack an umbrella, waterproof shoes, and maybe a raincoat.
- DON’T miss out on the free London attractions. There are multiple attractions in London you can visit free of charge. Such as the permanent collection at the British Museum and History Museum. Also, take a stroll or have a nice afternoon in one of London’s parks like St. James’s Park or Greenwich Park.
- DO use an Oyster card! The best way of getting around London is by using public transportation. It can be really confusing and stressful to always buy individual tickets for the bus or the Underground. That’s why the Oyster card will be your best friend when exploring London.
- DON’T try to see the entire city all at once. Being the massive city it is, London offers countless things to do and see. So, don’t try to cram everything into your visiting itinerary. Instead, focus on a few selected attractions and really enjoy them to the fullest.
- DO visit a London pub and have a pint. Outside of daily sightseeing and exploring London, one thing that you should put on your visiting London to-do list is grabbing a pint of beer in a pub. Have a fun night out and enjoy London’s local pub scene.
Recommended London Tours & Attraction Tickets!
Find only the best London attraction tickets and tour deals!
SAVE TIME AND SKIP THE LINES AT LONDON’S MOST ICONIC ATTRACTIONS
Visit some of London’s most famous landmarks and monuments, like the House of Parliament or the London Dungeon, with a skip-the-line access ticket. Pick which London attractions you wish to visit and buy your tickets online and in advance to get the best value deal and save time by avoiding long queues.
ENJOY YOUR LONDON VISIT TO THE FULLEST BY GOING ON A GUIDED TOUR
There are many fun and entertaining activities you can do in London. From guided sightseeing tours of the city to some of the most adventurous tours of movie studios, London has something to offer to everyone. Choose your perfect tour from our carefully hand-picked list of only the best value options available online.
FAQ – Visiting London
What is the best way to tour London?Start off your London adventure with a sightseeing tour. You can choose between a river sightseeing cruise or a classic hop-on hop-off bus tour. By doing so, you’ll get a general idea of how to get around London, and you’ll have an easier time navigating the city during your stay.
How many days in London is enough?If you’re visiting London for the first time, we would recommend spending at least 4 of 5 days in the city. With so much to see and do in London, you’ll still feel like you didn’t have enough time, but during a five-day stay, you’ll be able to visit the majority of the most iconic and popular London attractions and get a feel for the city and its lifestyle.
What is the cheapest month to travel to London?The cheapest time to travel to London is the postseason, through September and October. Flight tickets tend to be the cheapest during this time of the year. Please keep in mind that July and August are the most expensive and busiest months to visit London.
Is London expensive for tourists?London is known as one of the world’s most expensive cities, but you can still visit it on a budget. An average trip to the British capital can cost between 60 GBP to 120 GBP per day. You can cut down the costs of your London trip by carefully selecting your accommodation, looking for attraction ticket deals in advance and booking them online, cooking for yourself, and enjoying free-of-cost activities.
What is the rainiest month in London?October is the rainiest month in London.
Go on an adventure outside of London!
Explore what the British countryside has to offer and set out on an adventure outside of the hustle and bustle of this crowded city. Explore the charms of smaller towns surrounding London and historical landmarks such as Stonehenge.
What are you waiting for? Book your day trip from London right away!
Day Trip to Oxford from London
On this day trip, you will be able to visit the world’s oldest university at Oxford and many traditional villages of the Cotswolds region. Experience the breathtaking English countryside, and discover the different universities of Oxford all in one day. You will gain a complete insight into the history of the places you visit with your expert tour guide.
Expert Tour Guide
Stonehenge Day Trip from London
Experience the beauty of the English countryside on a full-day trip from London! Visit the picturesque town of Windsor, discover the mysteries of Stonehenge, and explore the famous universities of Oxford. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear all the fascinating stories about the places you visit from an expert guide.